Our client, based in Monmouthshire, is currently recruiting for an Information Services Support Officer on a fixed term contract for two years. The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The salary is £24,910 - £27,703 per annum.
The ideal candidate will have experience in First and Second Line Support, however this requirement can be flexible.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Supporting our digital transformation strategy by the deployment and future development of Microsoft 365 applications and cloud infrastructure
- Providing training and support for IT-related workstreams
- Provide end-to-end support for all desk-top applications, including the Microsoft 365 suite, and the digital- and tele-communications infrastructure of the Association
- Manage and maintain the IT Helpdesk ensuring that jobs are recorded accurately on the system
- Assist in the research of new technologies offering an assessment of their appropriateness for MHA needs
- Managing the Active Directory, including account management, data quality, group maintenance, access controls etc
- To assist in the supervision of less experienced colleagues
- Minimum of 2 years working in an IT support role with exposure to server, network and communications infrastructures
- Degree-level education or relevant IT qualification or working towards a relevant IT qualification
- Practical experience or understanding of core IT systems. e.g. Desktop OS, Microsoft 365 and Exchange, Telephone systems, Active Directory, LAN
- Practical experience or understanding of core IT hardware. e.g. Desktop PC, Laptop, Tablets, Mobile devices, Thin Clients, Printers, WAPs
- The ability to work to both, as a team member and on an individual basis
- Ability to communicate on technical matters in clear non technical language with all levels of staff, members and external suppliers
- Willingness to research, learn and apply new skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Ability to speak and write in Welsh (desirable)
Rewards and Benefits:
- Health Cash Plan
- Flexible working
- Generous annual leave
- Personal growth
- Pension package
- Cycle to work scheme
- Car pool scheme
- 37 hours per week
- Agile work – two day in, three days out
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Nat Higton or Gareth Davies on 0121-274 0087 or please email enquiries to NHigton@jarsolutions.co.uk.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
KEYWORDS: Service Desk; Help Desk; Helpdesk; Support Desk; Servicedesk; First Line; Firstline; 1st Line; Active Directory; Ad; 365; Citrix
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details