This Manchester-based Housing Association is looking for an experienced Finance Assistant to join them on an ongoing temporary basis. The role is flexible in terms of working hours and can be a hybrid of WFH and office-based.
You will ensure that all rent transactions are posted in a timely and accurate manner and promptly raise sales invoices and take the appropriate follow-up action.
- To update and maintain the housing management system in relation to start, end of tenancy, rent and service charge increases on a weekly basis
- To ensure efficient and effective processing of rent payments received from various payment methods e.g., housing benefit schedules, payments cards, standing order and direct debit payments ensure the Neighbourhoods Team can take appropriate arrears action
- To set up and amend direct debits
- To set up sub-accounts and service charge accounts as authorised
- To prepare cheques and BACS payments relating to rent refunds and refunds of housing benefit overpayments
- To record other rent bank account transactions within the financial management system on a timely basis
- Promptly raise approved sales (debtor) invoices
- Promptly record debtor invoice receipts within the financial management system
- Take the appropriate follow up action for any outstanding invoices in line with Group policies and procedures
- Record sales (debtor) invoice bank account transactions within the financial management system on a timely basis
- Support the maintenance of the Accounts Receivable ledger to ensure debtor details are correctly recorded
You will ideally have experience of working within a Finance team and will be available immediately or at short notice. Experience of working within Social Housing would be ideal but not essential. You will have strong administrative experience and be used to working in a fast-paced role.
This is an ongoing temporary assignment that will be a minimum of 3 months. 35 Hour week. WFH predominantly and with an agile and flexible work policy. 25 Days Holiday + Statutory. Parking, when required. An additional flexible benefits package and superbly appointed offices.