Senior Network Engineer
The Senior Engineer will administer the day-to-day operations of the network infrastructure and services. You will work with the Architecture, Service Delivery and Service Desk Teams, as well as the wider Technology Department, to effectively support and administer the full lifecycle of network infrastructure operations, services, projects, and initiatives. You will be willing to travel on occasion as required to other offices in order to carry this role.
- Manage and maintain the Network Infrastructure Work Plan, and the delivery of the Network Annual Continuous Service Improvement Plan
- Take proactive ownership of network infrastructure operations and services
- Liaise with third parties and vendors.
- Take ownership of monitoring and managing networking related tickets on ServiceNow
- Create and review change requests to support project delivery and operational change
- Lead on network infrastructure related security, maintenance, performance, capacity, and lifecycle management
- Contribute to creation and maintenance of design, end-user, and operations documentation sets
- Produce reports on network infrastructure operations, services, and major incidents
- Maintain network monitoring and reporting systems
- Deliver training and skills transfer to team colleagues
- Maintain effective security and governance of the network infrastructure
- Ensure effective backup, resilience and DR arrangements are maintained for network infrastructure
- Skills Required:
- 8+ years experience in Cisco routing and switching administration and operations, dynamic routing protocols, OSPF, BGP, VPNs, QoS, 802.1x.
- Cisco CCNP and Checkpoint CCSE certification or equivalent experience
- Administration of Cisco ISE, Umbrella, Stealthwatch, ACI, DNA Center and Cisco Meraki wireless infrastructure.
- Administration and operations experience of Checkpoint Gateways and Internet content filtering solutions.
- Exposure to SIEM operations
- Cloud and virtual networking - Azure, AWS, VMware environments
- Advanced troubleshooting and optimisation experience
- Strong knowledge of VMware 6.5 or later
- Scripting and automation
- Experience in managing complex LAN, WAN infrastructure and data centre operations
- Experience in Cisco switch upgrades, testing and migrations
- Change management processes
- Experience in project management and delivery
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016, or 2019 certifications
- Excellent demand management, planning, organisation, and prioritisation skills
- Ability to undertake out of hours’ work, during the evenings and at weekends.