Our client, based in Bristol, is currently recruiting for a Senior Systems Analyst on a permanent contract.
The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The salary is £36,918 - £40,120 per annum depending on skills, knowledge and experience.
Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Provide effective 3rd level service user support, through the use of Service Desk software, working closely with other internal teams and external 3rd party suppliers ensuring that service users are updated on resolution progress and that incidents and problems are resolved effectively, within SLA, whilst adhering to ITIL best practice
- Produce and maintain appropriate documentation and user guides as required
- Proactively identify and address potential issues before they affect service users
- Taking responsibility for leading the technical delivery of ICT projects, utilising Prince2 or Agile project management methodologies where appropriate
- Supervise the day-to-day BAU activities and change requests
- Lead small teams to deliver projects or project work packages
- Responsible for monitoring, reviewing and maintaining the security, performance and availability of in-house Microsoft SQL servers to ensure maximum system efficiency and availability
- Lead the testing and development of system upgrades, patches and fixes as required, following change control procedures
- GCSE Maths and English grade C or above, or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience of a similar senior role as a systems analyst supporting systems used in a fast-paced operational environment.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Experience of business systems implementation, support and development, ideally Civica Cx, Civica Coldharbour, Total Repairs and Totalmobile
Skills, knowledge and expertise required:
- Knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS), especially Microsoft SQL Server, working with SSAS and of creating and deploying Microsoft SSIS packages
- High level of problem-solving ability
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work confidently and collaboratively with colleagues
- Good knowledge of Microsoft365, such as Power Automate and Azure technologies
Rewards and Benefits:
- 33 days leave, including bank holidays
- An extra day off on your anniversary as a thank you for your hard work
- Flexible working and agile working practices
- Extra leave options include Volunteering and Paid parental leave
- Option to buy leave
- Reward House - a benefits portal with thousands of opportunities to save
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Healthcare cash plan - make savings on your healthcare needs
- Learning and development opportunities and in-house training to learn new and enhance existing skills
- Wellbeing programme
- Enhanced pension scheme
- 37 hours per week
- Flexible hours and home working available
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
For further information on the position, please contact Nathaniel Higton or Gareth Davies on 0121-274 0087 or please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details