The Calico Group a diverse and values led group of innovative charities and businesses, with headquarters in Burnley, are recruiting for a Financial Accountant to join their Corporate Finance Team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a dedicated Finance Team supporting Calico’s businesses and charities, where you can see how you can make a real difference to people’s lives through finance.
Paying up to £42,000 p.a. plus excellent benefits including a 36.25 hour week, hybrid + flexible working, 28 days holiday including Christmas shutdown + bank holidays, and much more.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, and managing an Accounts Assistant, the Financial Accountants' core responsibility is to support the delivery of an effective financial accounting service to both corporate and external customers of the Calico Group of companies.
- Lead on the production of the annual statutory accounts for the Group including any group consolidation, developing strong relationships with the external auditors to support an effective audit process
- Ensuring a robust control environment, continually looking at improving processes and procedures to strengthen financial controls
- Ensure effective intercompany processes and month-end reporting
- Managing and monitoring of the cashflow and payment systems (Open Accounts).
- Ensure compliance and support the delivery of all regulatory and legislative requirements such as returns to the Regulator of Social Housing, statutory accounts, and for VAT and other taxes
- Support key stakeholders on planning and managing projects, ensuring delivery on time and within budget
- Actively promote and embed a Value for Money (VFM) culture within the Group
- You will be a fully Qualified Accountant with experience of regulatory and statutory reporting. You must be a strong technical accountant with experience of balance sheet reconciliation, understanding cashflow and treasury management
- You will have the natural outlook to look for improvements and drive through changes to improve financial processes and systems, embedding a positive culture for change. A strong team player, supportive, and a champion of collaborative working
- You will be an effective communicator, able to forge strong relationships with the wider Finance Management Team. You will be able to analyse and explain complex financial information in a clear way at all levels to support the Group Business Service teams, and to contribute to the development of strategy and business plans
Bayman Topping and Smythe have been retained exclusively by the Calico Group. All third-party applications will be forwarded to Bayman Topping and Smythe Ltd