The Calico Group, a diverse and values-led Not for Profit and Housing provider headquartered in Burnley, are recruiting for an experienced Rent Accountant to join their Corporate Finance Team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a dedicated Finance Team supporting Calico’s businesses and charities, where you can see how you can make a real difference to people’s lives through finance.
Paying up to £35,000 p.a. plus excellent benefits including a 36.25 hour week, hybrid + flexible working, 28 days holiday including Christmas shutdown + bank holidays, and much more.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this key role will focus on ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the rent accounts across the Group, supporting the delivery of an effective rent accounting service for Calico’s tenants.
- Responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of the rent ledgers ensuring these are accurate and up to date within Calico’s Finance and Housing Management systems
- Provide support for the annual rent review process for both rents and service charges whilst ensuring compliance with the Rent Standard
- Responsible for ensuring adequate financial controls are in place including rent control account reconciliations
- Managing and maintaining relationships with the Housing Benefit teams to resolve queries and ensure lead schedules are received and posted onto the systems on a timely basis
- Liaising and working collaboratively with the Income Collection team to support the achievement of their aims and objectives
- Delivering excellent service to customers and colleagues across the Group
- You will have a solid understanding of rent accounting and rent setting processes for housing, with a good knowledge of welfare reform rules and any other relevant legislation. You will have experience of working with and interrogating financial and housing management systems
- You will have gained experience through either the accounting or rental income route, and have the ability to analyse and explain complex financial information using Excel and other financial systems
- You will be naturally methodical in approach and be able to organise and prioritise work to meet conflicting deadlines. Delegating effectively when required, and be an advocate of business and process improvement ensuring the rent process is an efficient and accurate service
Bayman Topping and Smythe have been retained exclusively by the Calico Group. All third party applications will be forwarded to Bayman Topping and Smythe Ltd.