NEC Software Solutions is headquartered in the UK and operates around the world.
We employ more than 3,000 people in six countries, building software and services to get our customers better outcomes.
We traded as Northgate Public Services until 1 July 2021 when we rebranded to align with our owners, NEC. Most of our subsidiary companies did too (APD Communications, i2N, EMIS Care and Charter Systems) but our service design agency still trades as Snook.
We’ve been part of global tech company NEC Corporation since January 2018.
Find out more about our business on the Corporate Responsibility and Performance pages.
***PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE IS HOME BASED***
NEC Software Solutions (NEC) is one of the fastest growing public service businesses in the UK, and has significant overseas interests in Australia, New Zealand, and Canada.
We use strategy, innovation, information, and technology to promote high-performing public services, management, and governance in the UK.
We are looking to recruit enthusiastic people to join our team, based in the UK. We would like to recruit high quality Consultant’s keen to learn and develop new skills and knowledge around the provision of Housing IT systems to the not for profit, social housing sector.
We work together with our clients in trusted partnerships to deliver systems and services that seek to improve the skills and capabilities of employees, fully engage our clients, and thereby add to public value
- Provide consultancy on NEC Housing system Implementations, specifically focusing on system configuration and build.
- Provide consultancy for existing NEC customers using our Social Housing Management Software
- Ensure all consultancy and training is delivered effectively and achieve positive customer feedback.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with the product and feedback any issues into the consultancy group and other internal groups.
- Maximise billable utilisation.
- Assist with product development, including attending user groups and creation of user guides.
- Develop customer and internal training courses and maintain solution design manuals.
- Progress and update knowledge in all aspects of Social Housing Management.
- A willingness to travel long distances & be available outside standard working hours including overnight stays in the UK. Please be aware that this role may require significant travel.
- Allocations and/or Asset Management business expertise using our NEC Housing system
- Previous exposure to NEC Housing products or to Housing environments from working for or with Local Authority Housing, ALMO’s or Housing Associations.
- Previous experience in a Consultancy environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of project methodologies, from a consultancy viewpoint
- Experience of working with customers and/or external agencies
- Experience of delivering training and/or seminars
- Ability to problem solve in demanding circumstances
- Ability to work on own or part of a team
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Experience creating, configuring, and implementing NEC Housing system modules.
- Working knowledge of Unix and/or SQL
Employees of NEC Software Solutions are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
- Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days during enrolment period
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
- A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
- The role offers a competitive salary
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the UK. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
NEC Software Solutions is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.