Based in Manchester, this Housing association are looking for a Rent Officer/Finance Assistant to commit to a 6 month contract. Paying circa £23k for a 35-hour week, flexible working, 25 days holiday + bank holidays this role is predominantly home-based with the occasional visit to the office.
The overall purpose of this role is to ensure that rents are accurately posted and reconciled. The post is key to the accurate allocation and effective management of income for the organisation. A large part of the role will be answering queries and following the process from start to finish so requires a thorough approach to work.
- Support the Finance Business Partner with accurate and efficient rent accounting
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with relevant colleagues, including the wider Finance and Income team
- To administer the rent accounting systems and prepare the weekly rent account file, ensuring all transactions are processed in an accurate and timely way
- To administer the accurate posting of receipts, including direct debits, standing orders, AllPay and cash, from the rent bank accounts on a daily basis, and to post any unidentified items to the relevant suspense account
- To raise rent refund payments and to process adjustments for write-offs or incorrect adjustments
- To maintain rent control and rent refund control accounts by ensuring accurate reconciliations between the housing management system and the finance system are maintained on a weekly basis, and investigating any anomalies
- To ensure rent suspense accounts are reconciled and cleared on a weekly basis, by ensuring accurate and timely allocation of transactions and investigating any unknown credits
- To post all Housing Benefit schedules received from local authorities in a timely way
- To monitor the rent inbox and assign information and notify required actions, as appropriate
You must have experience of working within a Finance function and Rents experience would be advantageous but not essential. Ideally, you will be available immediately or available at fairly short notice as they are looking for someone to get onboard as quickly as possible. You will have excellent attention to detail and have a proactive approach within the workplace.