People Data Analyst

£34,000 yearly
  • James Andrews Recruitment
  • Remote (London or Croydon)
  • Dec 23, 2021
Permanent Data Analysis/ Management Human Resources Information Technology

Job Description

Our client, based in London or Croydon, is currently recruiting for a People Data Analyst on a Permanent contract. Our client is proud to be one of the largest housing provides who continually develops and supports their staff.

The position is due to start immediately on a full time basis. The annual salary is £34,000

 

The ideal candidate will have a In-depth knowledge and experience of HR reporting requirements to provide data reporting, analysis, visualisation and programming support
for all People data in line with business needs and requirements.

Duties will include (but not limited to):

  • Act as the first point of contact for any people data requests
  • Extract data from all People systems in line with People reporting requirements
  • Develop reports and dashboards using SQL, Cognos, Power BI, Tableau, Business
    Objects and other data tools
  • Analyse data (both internal and external) and present to subject matter experts in
    various visual formats to illustrating relationships and trends to enable meaningful
    narrative reports to be developed
  • Provide monthly headcount, turnover and other key statistics that require calculation
    for the Executive Director for People, including showing cumulative data trendlines
  • Run and review data integrity reports from the various People Systems, ensuring
    identified actions are escalated for corrective action
  • Give quality assurance of data input into People Systems by conducting quarterly
    checks of actions taken by others within the People Team
  • Audit data as and when required to ensure controls are maintained and processes are
    being adhered to
  • Perform quarterly spot checks of our performance management system employee
    status, against Resource Link data to ensure controls are adequately in place

Experience required:

  • Ability to code in SQL
  • Knowledge and interest in data extraction and report building
  • Advanced excel skills including pivot tables and VLOOKUP
  • Advanced PowerPoint skills, to produce presentations to a high quality
  • Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft packages including: Word, Visio and Outlook

Skills, knowledge and expertise required:

  • Excellent problem-solving skills and effective interpersonal skills
  • Able to provide statistical analysis of data including interpretation for different
    audiences
  • Able to demonstrate a good understanding of current key UK employment law
    relative to our People Systems i.e., General Data Protection Regulations

Rewards and Benefits:

  • Offer up to 10% of basic salary as a company contribution to your pension. You can contribute from 3% to 5% and our client will double your contribution. So if you put in 5%, they’ll put in 10% giving you a total of 15%
  • Offer 27 days per year, plus bank holidays for new employees. This goes up to 30 days with your length of service. There's also the option to buy and sell holiday if you wish.
  • Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. The life insurance scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary
  • You will have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships. This is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
  • Health care cash plan: Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health
  • Access to the childcare voucher scheme for parents who meet the eligibility criteria
  • Flexible working
  • Birthday leave

 

Working hours:

  • 35 hours per week
  • Monday - Friday 9am-5pm

 

Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.

 

For further information on the position, please contact Gareth Davies or Nat Higton on 01923-631 012 or please email enquiries to Gdavies@jarsolutions.co.uk.  

 

James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.

 

At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.

 

Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*

 

*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details