Aareon are the leading European Housing IT Provider, with over 10 million units of housing stock managed on our software throughout Europe. Our position as a profitable, growing and innovative organisation enables us to set the standard for business processes in the housing sector both today and in the future. We deliver tailored enterprise wide solutions for our clients.
We are seeking experienced test analysts with skills covering both manual and automated testing. You will be familiar with the full range of test processes, including: creating test plans, exploratory testing, regression testing, integration testing and raising bugs. You should be able to demonstrate experience of automated testing including tools such as Selenium or Cypress to test web user interfaces and be familiar with automated testing of API’s. You will be familiar working in an Agile process together with other stakeholders to ensure the quality of software and documentation. You will be professional, friendly and customer focused and able to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
Salary: £35,000-£40,000 dependant on experience.
Reports to: QA Manager
1 Build and maintain suites of test scripts.
2 Execute manual test plans, record results and raise defects as appropriate.
3 Carry out functional, regression and exploratory testing.
4 Build and run automated tests for the user interface and API, generate reports on test results, raise bugs for defects.
5 Undertake performance testing to validate benchmarks, including load testing and stress testing on the application.
6 Review software specifications, documentation and release notes.
7 Work as part of an Agile Team, completing tasks in sprints.
8 Work closely with the software development team to ensure test defects are resolved.
9 Communicate with the project manager and stake holders on priorities, progress and software quality.
10 Contribute to and follow test strategies, plans, processes and standards.
11 Continuously seek to and implement improvements to the QA process.
12 Confident, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical people as and when required.
1. Understanding of structured test methods and processes.
2. Experience of manual test methods including functional, regression and exploratory tests.
3. Experience of automated test methods covering user interfaces and API’s, Cypress for automated UI testing and Postman for automated API testing.
4. Competent at writing SQL queries.
5. Experience of Application Lifecycle Management tools (such as Azure DevOps), or other applications to manage projects and requirements.
6. Microsoft Office products.
1. Experience of DevOps Test Manager.
2. ISTQB software testing qualification.
3. Scrum or Agile training.
5. Any experience of integrating automated tests into CI pipelines.
6. Any experience of Jmeter.
7. Experience of undertaking performance tests, load testing and stress testing.
1. Ability to work well individually and as part of a team.
2. Able to think logically with excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
3. Ability to plan, prioritise and manage workload, delivering results within sprint deadlines.