Aareon are the leading European Housing IT Provider, with over 10 million units of housing stock managed on our software throughout Europe. Our position as a profitable, growing and innovative organisation enables us to set the standard for business processes in the housing sector both today and in the future. We deliver tailored enterprise wide solutions for our clients.
We are searching for a talented front end developer for our Digital development team.
The is an exciting role and we would like to hear from individuals with an attention to detail and a passion for designing the best user experiences.
You will have a flair for understanding user journeys and a track record of delivering attractive software that best supports those journeys.
Your role will bring a variety of challenges:
• Working alongside our Solution Managers, you will excite our customers with rapid prototypes of future products in our customer engagement programmes.
• As part of the Digital development team you will work on the front end of our products, making sure that it fits in with our UI strategy while also taking every opportunity to maximise the user experience and really bring our products to life.
• You will represent the UK Digital team in our Europe wide UI steering group to help develop our UI strategy and ensure that the best UI/UX experience is created for all of Aareon’s products.
We have a wide technology stack and are a small, Agile team so you will be encouraged to pick up and excel in other technologies.
We always try to use the latest technologies so you must be willing to keep up to date and ideally will be somebody who can contribute to the conversations on our future technological direction.
Salary: £60,000 dependant on experience.
Reports to: Digital Development Manager
1 Be involved with all aspects of the design process for enterprise level applications, covering user interface and user experience.
2 Develop and support the front end of the system in accordance with the company’s standards and procedures.
3 Ensure the quality of software in accordance with the company’s standards and procedures.
4 Communicate effectively with customers and all areas of the business.
5 Ensure development deadlines are met in line with business requirements.
6 Continuously maintain and improve your own technical and product knowledge.
1. Excellent skills in CSS and Sass.
3. Experience of source control, issue tracking and continuous integrations tools
(We use Git, YouTrack and TeamCity).
4. Ability to create svg and png icons and graphics.
1. Experience of Angular 2+
2. Experience of TDD and unit testing.
3. Knowledge/use of agile methodologies.
4. Experience of customer design workshops.
5. Understanding of WCAG accessibility standards.
1. A degree in visual design, software development or proven experience using the languages and frameworks required for this role.
2. Demonstrable experience developing user interfaces for enterprise level applications with a talent for crafting first class user experiences.
3. Analytical with an excellent attention to detail and a passion for design and technology.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical people.
5. Focussed and can consistently produce high quality work.