Paying between £25k - £34k, this property management company is recruiting for a Service Charge Accountant on a permanent basis. The role offers both a hybrid and flexible working pattern, 24 days holiday, a benefits programme and a generous pension scheme. This company has a fantastic culture which is proven in the fact that the majority of their employees have committed to the company on a long-term basis.
The job's main purpose is to be responsible for reconciling a portfolio of Service Charge Year Ends in line with the RICS Service Charge Code of Practice and to enter the Annual Service Charge budget and ensure tenants are billed correctly in line with the terms of their lease.
- Provide Service Charge reports to the Property Managers in line with the Service Charge timetable and ahead of the annual budget being prepared
- Update the Database with the Service Charge Budget and ensure the charges are applied correctly to the tenant account
- Review and recommend any movements of expenditures between Cost Centres
- Review and recommend any prepayments and accruals at Service Charge Year End Reconciliation
- Check invoice descriptions where these are not clear and make amendments where applicable
- Audit the income for the year ensuring that tenants have been charged correctly throughout the year
- Confirm with the Property Manager on tenant apportionment percentages and make changes to the database where applicable
- Prepare spreadsheets and system-generated reports that match the income against expenditure to create a Balancing Charge Report
- Raise Balancing Charges in line with the Balancing Charge Report
- Create a Service Charge pack for the Property Manager to distribute to tenants
- Clear down service charge VAT on a Quarterly basis to ensure the cash position is correct
- Prepare Service Charge Management Fee data on a quarterly basis
- To complete the Service Charge schedule on a daily basis for a weekly update to Partners
- Cash Reconciliations to be completed and cleared down at Service Charge Reconciliation stage
This will suit someone who has previous Service Charge/Accounting experience, within a property or housing environment and someone who is looking to join a forward-thinking and progressive company. You can be part-qualified/qualified or QBE and be someone looking for their next career move. You must have excellent Excel skills, be organised with good attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure is essential. You must have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.