NEC Software Solutions is headquartered in the UK and operates around the world.
We employ more than 3,000 people in six countries, building software and services to get our customers better outcomes.
We traded as Northgate Public Services until 1 July 2021 when we rebranded to align with our owners, NEC. Most of our subsidiary companies did too (APD Communications, i2N, EMIS Care and Charter Systems) but our service design agency still trades as Snook.
We’ve been part of global tech company NEC Corporation since January 2018.
Find out more about our business on the Corporate Responsibility and Performance pages.
*** This is a Home based role with UK travel***
Responsible for the provision of product management activities associated with the NEC Housing solutions from market assessment through requirements decomposition, support of build and final test verification focused on core application and new investment.
The product owner for NEC Housing key modules;
- Maximise the use of NEC Intellectual Property in Social Housing solutions for the Social Housing community
- Capture, analyse and define our customer’s business needs and objectives to ensure that NEC Housing products and solutions meet or exceed customer/market expectations;
- Provide product specifications for Development & Test and support the build and test activities both on and off shore
- Work within Agile teams providing the product input and look to maximise the use of the KanBan approach and to maximise the use of Rave
- Liaise and manage requirements with 3rd party suppliers, systems integrators or other organisations as required
- Support a range of end user engagements such as User Groups and Special Interest Groups
- Assist the Pre-Sales/Sales team with the production, review and management of bid responses, sales proposals and quotations;
- Produce and deliver sales/technical presentations for both customer and internal audiences;
- Support Product Launch
- Experience working within the UK Public Sector Housing sector either in a customer role or with a supplier of software solutions;
- Working knowledge of the project life-cycle, structured methodologies, and delivering projects on time to budget;
- Experience of working with solution providers in the definition or specification of product enhancements either as a senior customer or supplier;
- Experience of UI/UX design and new product development using Agile methodologies.
- Experience of solutions providers across the Social Housing Sector
- Experience of implementing HMS solutions
- Good technical background or detailed working knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Practical experience of using and/or administering NEC Housing (or similar) Products
- UK Social Housing organisations and/or Local Government
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, working with minimal direction but promoting an open flow of information so that all concerned are well informed;
- Excellent written skills particularly in the area of User Stories and requirements definition
- Effective relationship builder, developing working relationships with clients and individuals in other business units by understanding their perspectives and issues;
- Organising time effectively, determining the right resources needed to effectively perform job assignments;
- Strong decision-making skills,
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK and possibly abroad.
- Full and valid UK/EC driving licence as there will be a need for UK travel in the role.
- Meets minimum standards to obtain National Non Police Vetting and Government SC security clearance
- Able to demonstrate industry experience, knowledge and/or formal qualification(s) in at least one area of Social Housing usage;
- Practical experience of “cradle to grave” Product life cycle management
- Experience of Digital First strategy and its approach for the Social Housing Sector
- Advanced skills and knowledge working with Digital Solutions, including mobile applications and web platforms
- Experience of using Agile development tools such as Figma, JIRA, Slack and MIRO or similar
- Advanced practical skills with standard range of Microsoft Office products, including :
- Strong Sales and Commercial awareness
- Experience of working from home or remote from Supervision (home based post)
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to influence and shape the direction of the NEC Housing products, as well as guiding current and future customers in best practise.
Opportunities for future development will include progression within the Product Team, or elsewhere within the NEC Software Solutions business
Employees of NEC Software Solutions are entitled to the following benefits:
- Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday with the option to buy/ sell 5 days
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
- A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
- This role offers a competitive salary
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the UK. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
NEC Software Solutions is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.