This Manchester-based Housing Association is looking for an experienced Finance Business Partner (Property Services) to join them on a permanent basis. The role is offering £45.5k – £48.5k and offers 25 days holiday and an excellent pension scheme. The role is predominantly home-working with the occasional day in the office, which would be as and when the business required.
Working in partnership with the Property Care Management Team to deliver a financially resilient, productive, efficient customer focussed service.
· Provide guidance and support to Property Care Budget Managers to enable effective financial management
· Provide high quality, timely financial management information and ensure that comprehensive financial controls are applied within Property Care
· Prepare and present effective financial analysis to allow Property Care to understand its relative financial performance to demonstrate value for money
· Ensure that financial controls are implemented and applied throughout the Group in accordance with the Delegatory Framework, and that all reporting deadlines are met
· To deputise for the Senior Business Partner as delegated
· Effectively operate processes and controls which minimise fraud
· Develop and implement relevant policies and procedures for the Business Partnering Team
· To review and approve Sundry BAC’s requests and Supplier payment runs in line with risk control processes to ensure that supporting paperwork is adequately checked for errors and that payments to be made are accurate
· To review the Balance Sheet reconciliations for those expense codes identified as being under the control of the Business Partner (Property Care) e.g. Accruals, Prepayments, Accrued and Deferred Income
· Deliver a high quality service which supports Property Care Budget Holders to prepare and effectively manage a robust budget , attending management team meetings to present financial performance information
· Lead on the preparation of the annual Property Care and other sub-contractor revenue maintenance budgets in line with budget timetable, feeding into the capital repairs budget where necessary
· Produce timely, relevant and accurate financial management accounts and supporting commentary for presentation to Boards, Committees, Executives and Managers
· Produce timely and accurate financial information to the Treasury & Expenditure Manager for regulatory returns and to support effective cash flow forecasting
· Provide financial information in accordance with the Value for Money standard, analysing the Group’s relative performance in Value for Money metrics through benchmarking
· Ensure financial information is prepared in accordance with accounting policies to produce the notes to the financial statements
· Provide information to the Head of Finance to deliver and continuously improve the Group’s long term financial plans.
You will be a qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA/CIPFA) who has experience of effective business partnering. You will have knowledge and skills of effective financial management, planning and budgetary control. You will ideally have knowledge of housing association finance and regulation and the ability to analyse complex data to produce reports and deliver information to a range of audiences. You must have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills and can communicate in a variety of settings. Excellent IT skills are required, including advanced Excel.