Come join us and make a difference in the world!
We’re NEC Software Solutions (part of global tech giant NEC Corporation). While you read this ad, our software is helping to dispatch ambulances, support families, keep trains on the move, locate missing people and even test the hearing of newborn babies.
Working with us, you’ll be helping our 3,000+ employees push the boundaries of what’s possible and support amazing public services.
We work with governments, hospitals, police forces, housing providers, local authorities and more. We help them pay financial support faster, speed up treatments for patients and respond to emergencies in the right way. The more we do, the more our customers can do for others. And together, we make a world of difference.
We’d love your help. And we’ll support you all the way.
Discover more at www.necsws.com
*** This is a Home based role with UK travel***
Please note - we have immediate and Spring Start Availability
Responsible for the provision of product management activities associated with the NEC Housing solutions from market assessment through requirements decomposition, support of build and final test verification focused on core application and new investment.
The product owner for NEC Housing key modules;
- Maximise the use of NEC Intellectual Property in Social Housing solutions for the Social Housing community
- Capture, analyse and define our customer’s business needs and objectives to ensure that NEC Housing products and solutions meet or exceed customer/market expectations;
- Provide product specifications for Development & Test and support the build and test activities both on and off shore
- Focus on NEC Housing Modules - particularly Repairs and Asset Management
- Work within Agile teams providing the product input and look to maximise the use of the KanBan approach and to maximise the use of Rave
- Liaise and manage requirements with 3rd party suppliers, systems integrators or other organisations as required
- Support a range of end user engagements such as User Groups and Special Interest Groups
- Assist the Pre-Sales/Sales team with the production, review and management of bid responses, sales proposals and quotations;
- Produce and deliver sales/technical presentations for both customer and internal audiences;
- Support Product Launch
- Experience working within the UK Public Sector Housing sector either in a customer role or with a supplier of software solutions;
- Working knowledge of the project life-cycle, structured methodologies, and delivering projects on time to budget;
- Experience of working with solution providers in the definition or specification of product enhancements either as a senior customer or supplier;
- Experience of UI/UX design and new product development using Agile methodologies.
- Significant Experience with Repairs or Asset Management Modules
- Experience of solutions providers across the Social Housing Sector
- Experience of implementing HMS solutions
- Good technical background or detailed working knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Practical experience of using and/or administering NEC Housing (or similar) Products
- UK Social Housing organisations and/or Local Government
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, working with minimal direction but promoting an open flow of information so that all concerned are well informed;
- Excellent written skills particularly in the area of User Stories and requirements definition
- Effective relationship builder, developing working relationships with clients and individuals in other business units by understanding their perspectives and issues;
- Organising time effectively, determining the right resources needed to effectively perform job assignments;
- Strong decision-making skills,
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK and possibly abroad.
- Full and valid UK/EC driving licence as there will be a need for UK travel in the role.
- Meets minimum standards to obtain National Non Police Vetting and Government SC security clearance
- Able to demonstrate industry experience, knowledge and/or formal qualification(s) in at least one area of Social Housing usage;
- Practical experience of “cradle to grave” Product life cycle management
- Experience of Digital First strategy and its apporach for the Social Housing Sector
- Advanced skills and knowledge working with Digital Solutions, including mobile applications and web platforms
- Experience of using Agile development tools sich as Figma, JIRA, Slack and MIRO or similar
- Advanced practical skills with standard range of Microsoft Office products, including :
- Strong Sales and Commercial awareness
- Experience of working from home or remote from Supervision (home based post)
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to influence and shape the direction of the NEC Housing products, as well as guiding current and future customers in best practise.
Opportunities for future development will include progression within the Product Team, or elsewhere within the NEC Software Solutions business
We are proud of the benefits we offer employees of NEC Software Solutions
- Private Medical Cover funded by NEC for Employees (with the option to add family members at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday with the option to buy/ sell
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover funded by NEC (with the option to increase cover at an additional cost)
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions up to a maximum of 8.5%
- A fantastic selection of flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
- We are an employer who cares, we have a invaluable employee assistance programme which can help in every area of your life
- All colleagues get free access to LinkedIn Learning. Over 15000 courses covering a huge breadth of subjects. Learn about what you like, when you like, how you like.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the UK. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks.
NEC Software Solutions is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.