Come join us and make a difference in the world!
We’re NEC Software Solutions (part of global tech giant NEC Corporation). While you read this ad, our software is helping to dispatch ambulances, support families, keep trains on the move, locate missing people and even test the hearing of newborn babies.
Working with us, you’ll be helping our 3,000+ employees push the boundaries of what’s possible and support amazing public services.
We work with governments, hospitals, police forces, housing providers, local authorities and more. We help them pay financial support faster, speed up treatments for patients and respond to emergencies in the right way. The more we do, the more our customers can do for others. And together, we make a world of difference.
We’d love your help. And we’ll support you all the way.
Discover more at www.necsws.com
The NEC Housing platform has had huge investment and expanded greatly across recent years. As our customers extend their platform use, they are keen to understand how to maximise its benefits. To support our clients and internal teams, NEC is looking for experienced and skilled individuals to join our Business Solution Architecture team.
This role will primarily focus on the NEC Housing platform and the business processes of the Social Housing sector. It is not a technical architecture role, however, an understanding of technology options and principles within the sector would be very desirable.
Working with customers and different teams within NEC, such as sales, pre-sales and delivery, the Business Solution Architect will ensure customers’ requirements and our proposals receive a holistic design and business focus. The role will also be responsible for capturing the solution scope in detail, recommending delivery plans and providing a comprehensive handover to delivery teams.
The Business Solution Architect will provide support during projects if clarifications on scope and approach are raised. For more complex projects, the role will be more directly involved, ensuring the detailed design work remains in line with the overall scope and desired outcomes, and if needed, providing assistance to the project manager to control this.
This role will also drive, in consultation with other teams, the refinement of platform and process blueprints, which are designed to increase everyone’s understanding and support a more agile delivery approach.
The Business Solution Architect will:-
- Provide Business Solution Architecture services to sales, pre-sales, new implementations, existing customers, and internal projects.
- Support NEC teams to respond to customer requirements with the creation of a solution scope and recommended approach
- Be able to clearly present solutions to internal teams / customers in appropriate styles, with clear and concise designs that are engaging and demonstrate your understanding of specific customer and sector requirements
- Provide expert solution input to ensure propositions provide best value for customers and maximise use of NEC Housing platform
- Provide detailed solution input into proposals for consistent and cohesive approach from all contributors
- Work with NEC teams to define solutions based on appropriate combinations of NEC intellectual property and third party systems
- Work closely with colleagues to identify platform enhancements in line with customer requirements and sector/legislative changes
- Ensure customer requirements are robustly traced through sales, contract, delivery and support activities
- Support Project Delivery teams (and potentially customers) with understanding the requirements, solution scope and approach
- Keep abreast of the latest technology, sector trends, legislation, assessing opportunities as they arise and considering their potential impact on customers, the roadmap and solution approach
- Stay up to date with the NEC platform developments and provide input into future direction
- Identify opportunities for extended use of the NEC Housing Platform by new and existing customers
- Develop and maintain blueprint business processes
- Be able to think outside of the box, solve complex problems with an eye on the bigger picture and work on multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Strong Social Housing knowledge and awareness of current sector issues, challenges and legislation
- Good understanding and experience of technology and use / implementation of a housing management solution used in the Social Housing sector
- Experience of working with customers (internal or external) to design robust business and process-based solutions to meet business needs
- Architecture knowledge of providing or managing solutions based on housing platform components and partner working, for example, Housing Management System, Contractors, Assets, Digital, CRM, CBL, Mobile, Reporting etc.
- Expert stakeholder management skills to secure and maintain external and internal commitment to agreed scope and outcomes
- Experience of working in the IT sector in architecture, product management, business analysis or project delivery roles
- Broad knowledge of the Housing Sector and Registered Social Landlord markets and the challenges faced by customers
- Excellent communication skills with significant experience of customer engagement / customer management at all levels including senior management / director levels
- Excellent formal and informal presentation skills encompassing a broad range of stakeholders
- Ability to upskill rapidly in new areas or technologies to an appropriate level of understanding
We are proud of the benefits we offer employees of NEC Software Solutions
- Private Medical Cover funded by NEC for Employees (with the option to add family members at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday with the option to buy/ sell
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover funded by NEC (with the option to increase cover at an additional cost)
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions up to a maximum of 8.5%
- A fantastic selection of flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
- We are an employer who cares, we have a invaluable employee assistance programme which can help in every area of your life
- All colleagues get free access to LinkedIn Learning. Over 15000 courses covering a huge breadth of subjects. Learn about what you like, when you like, how you like.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the UK. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks.
NEC Software Solutions is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.