Aareon is a leading supplier of ERP systems to the housing industry throughout Europe. Thousands of customers use Aareon’s software to manage over 10 million residential units. We are part of a major European bank who are a leading international property specialist with assets of €42 billion. At Aareon UK we are currently undertaking a project to build the next generation of our ERP system - a modern web application written in the latest technologies designed around a fully featured UX.
An experienced Test Analyst is required to work on this project, with responsibilities for the testing processes (both manual and automated) that will verify the software being tested conforms to the specified requirements. You will work alongside software developers, managers and stakeholders to ensure the delivery of high quality software.
We are looking for talented test analysts with not only an eye for detail, but be a team player who can contribute to the success of the project. You should have great experience of manual testing, especially planning, executing and recording results. You should be used to working as part of an Agile Team and it would be of benefit if you have used Microsoft TFS or VSTS for work management and the test facilities offered through Microsoft Test Manager.
Key Responsibilities to Include:
- Execute manual test plans, record results and raise defects as appropriate.
- Build and maintain suites of test scripts.
- Carry out functional, regression and exploratory testing.
- Review software specifications, documentation and release notes.
- Work as part of an Agile Team, completing tasks in sprints and taking part in appropriate sprint ceremonies.
- Work closely with the software development team to ensure test defects are resolved.
- Communicate with the project manager and stake holders on priorities, progress and software quality.
- Contribute to and follow test strategies, plans, processes and standards.
- Continuously seek to and implement improvements to the QA process.
- Confident, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people as and when required.
- Development and maintenance of automated testing processes using appropriate tools.
Key Candidate Requirements:
- Excellent understanding of structured test methods and processes.
- Experience of testing Windows applications, web sites and web services.
- Experience of testing user interfaces and API’s.
- Experience of testing complex software applications through to completion, resulting in delivery of robust and high quality applications.
- Experience of manual test methods including functional, regression and exploratory tests.
- Any experience specifically of testing aspects of security and performance of web applications would be of benefit.
- Any experience of Test Automation would be useful, using products such as Selenium, UFT or Robot Framework.
- Experience of working in an Agile or Scrum environment.
- Able to plan, prioritise and manage workload, delivering results within sprint deadlines.
- Experience of using Microsoft TFS or VSTS would be useful, particularly Microsoft Test Manager.
- A knowledge of SQL would be advantageous.
- Any programming language knowledge would be useful.
- Salary dependent on skills and experience.
- 2 year contract.
- 20 days holidays, increasing with additional years of service.
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Choice of healthcare plans.
- Life insurance.
- Flexible working from home arrangements.
This role is intended to last for the length of the project – 2 years. The option to work longer on this project may well become available at the end of the project depending on the right candidate and being a successful team member.
5th July 2018
How to apply:
Please send your CV and short covering email setting out why you would suit this position to Genevieve Davey-Smith, HR Manager at email@example.com