- To champion intelligence led decision making and help embed and delivery the Group’s Business Intelligence Strategy.
- To support the Group’s needs on data analysis across a broad range of areas through the provision of both strategic and operational analysis
- To provide analysis of data and research to produce intelligence that can be used within the Group to assess services, risks and opportunities and innovative or new products and services.
- To give insight and understanding of key issues impacting or potentially impacting on performance including trend and predictive analysis to help the group adopt an intelligence lead approach to decision making.
Key Accountabilities and Competencies
- Apply advanced analytical techniques including database management querying and data interpretation & presentation skills in the creation of standard and bespoke analytical products and reports.
- Provide the business with data integrity and quality reports that give assurance to management teams that data is being collected and recorded appropriately
- Apply GIS skills to create analysis in a geographical format that supports ease of access, interpretation and information dissemination and communication to employees and customers. Business Process & Collaboration
- Work collaboratively and with all Departments, partners and stakeholders that maintain data, analysis, information, reports and research; to coordinate and publish for the purposes of corporate wide and partner decision making and commissioning.
- Communicate the business value of BI to Departments, partners and stakeholders for continued support of the BI strategy.
- Support all projects through the provision of analysis, to ensure the achievement of activities to schedule and within resource.
- To control the workload referred to the team through project planning and prioritisation and agreeing action plans with agreed timescales
- At all times, ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act, Crime & Disorder Act, Human Rights Act and the Data Sharing protocols, data security and freedom of information (FOI).
- Support the development of a range of self-serve reports to inform commissioning, planning and provision of services.
- Maintain an information and data library to ensure datasets are easily accessible to the team
- To produce business intelligence reports for Boards / senior leadership and management teams as required.
- To read, understand and demonstrate a commitment to the Group’s Employee Charter.
- Adapt a proactive approach to identify and mitigate risks to your business area by informing your line manager and contribute to updating the risk register.
- Expected to ensure compliance with all legal obligations concerning the protection of data concerning employees, customers and third parties.
- To take responsibility for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974), whilst following the Group’s Health and Safety policies and procedures at all times.
- To work in a variety of locations including premises not directly under the control of the Group
- Some flexibility over working hours is necessary to meet the requirements of the job.
Key Measures of Success
- Robust, processes and procedures in place and implemented to ensure the capture of customer intelligence and insight.
- Use of Business Intelligence insight is embedded and at the heart of the decision making process across the business
- High Quality, regular Business Intelligence & Insight reports are produced and communicated across the business
- Data Protection and information governance requirements are adhered to.
This job description is a representative document. All duties outlined in this document apply to the Group. Other reasonably similar duties may be allocated from time to time commensurate with the general character of the post and it’s grading.