Newcastle/ Home Based
Reporting to the Head of Account Management, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing and managing New Business sales within our exciting digital business stream. This is a market leading new product within Orchard’s thriving digital solutions portfolio. The role focuses specifically on winning new named customers.
As a Business Development Manager, you will have a wide ranging, challenging and rewarding role which will include some, or all of the following elements:
- Identifying and developing potential customers for our solutions portfolio through cold calling and other lead generation activities (such as campaigns and events), both individually and via the telesales channel.
- Developing and managing a strong pipeline with rigorous attention to detail via Salesforce.
- Maintaining regular contact with the prospect throughout the sales cycle
- Providing prospects with highly tailored and high quality information and documentation on a timely basis
- High level demonstration of our digital products.
- Attainment of sales targets
- To gain significant industry knowledge in order to become a thought leader.
- Attendance at conferences and exhibitions
Ideally you should:
- Be able to demonstrate continual achievement of sales targets
- Adopt a consultative selling approach as your default selling style
- Demonstrable success within a new business prospecting environment. In particular an earlier background in telesales would be of interest.
- Software sales background would be desirable.
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills, with the ability to communicate business issues at any level within an organisation
- Have excellent qualification skills with attention to detail
- Have proven skills in developing sound relationships both internally and externally
- Have proven presentation skills
- Be able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Be able to work under pressure and to tight time scales
- Have a flexible approach to working hours
- Be familiar with Office Products such as Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Salesforce
- Have a willingness to learn
- Be willing to travel (including overnight stay when required)
- Be able to produce high quality written work
- Be in possession of a full driving licence
Salary and other benefits
- A basic salary commensurate with job holder’s skills and experience
- Sales based commission and bonus scheme (quarterly and annual targets)
- The company Group Income Protection Benefit, Life Assurance schemes and Westfield Health Scheme
- You will have the option to join the Company Pension Scheme
To apply for this role, please email email@example.com with a CV and covering letter.
The company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the company’s business.