Newcastle or Home Based
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Working in a fast paced, successful software company, your role will be challenging, interesting and extremely rewarding. This role will report to the Product Design Team Leader, and will be responsible for voicing the needs of our customer regarding business and product goals. The role of the Product Owner is to actively engage with their team and show a commitment to helping build the best product possible.
Orchard is a business full of great, talented people, which is based at the heart of Newcastle city centre in vibrant office space. We are constantly working to ensure that we create a happy environment for our staff to learn and develop. We operate within an incredibly important sector, with our customers providing affordable homes to those often most in need of social housing. Our software and services can really help to improve the lives of those in need. We believe in recognising that our people have valuable skills to help our business to succeed and enjoy celebrating our shared successes.
- Delivering the product roadmaps
- Representing how customers will use our product to internal teams
- Working closely with Product Managers to interpret roadmap requirements
- Writing the user stories and acceptance criteria with input from internal teams and customers
- Owning and prioritising their scrum team’s backlog
- Ensuring that the development team fully understand the story and acceptance criteria and the wider context for delivery
- Helping ensure sprints run efficiently and effectively to deliver the product
- Signing off that the functionality meets the need
- Ensuring features are understood across the organisation
- Assisting in providing content, product documentation and responding to tenders
- Helping triage and review items raised in the Ideas portal
- Ensuring the Privacy Impact Assessments are undertaken
- Being the point of contact for assigned product areas to explain the product use and business needs it supports
- May also be technical project manager on some projects
- Contributing towards the product strategy
- Working with the respective user groups to help resolve business issues and be a feed for themes of feature requests to product management.
- Recommending and helping implement process and framework improvements
- Not being afraid to say NO to clients and providing constructive feedback and recommendations for features / updates
- Exposure to agile frameworks (Scrum, XP, Kanban, Lean)
- Understanding of Gherkin syntax for User Stories
- Exposure to User Story Mapping, Impact Mapping, MoSCoW & SWOT
- Experience of domain driven design
Salary and Other Benefits
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience
- Company pension scheme
- Permanent health insurance and life assurance
- Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme
- 25 days holiday and an additional Birthday holiday
To apply for this role, please email email@example.com with a CV and covering letter.
The company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the company’s business.