Competitive salary and benefits
A fantastic opportunity has arisen at Orchard in Newcastle. If you are looking to be part of a forward thinking dynamic team, where you are able to deliver first class customer service as well as offering 2nd and 3rd line technical support to customers, this is the ideal position for you. We adopt a refreshing approach to employment and recognise hard work and integrity.
Due to our continued success and the solutions we provide, the Managed Service and Technical Consultancy Team are looking to expand both in numbers and the services. The team provides Technical services and consultancy to new and existing customers, in relation to our solutions. This includes providing 2nd line support and providing consultancy and installation services to our customer base. The Technical Engineer will be involved in delivering services such as installation, configuration, system administration and support to our customer base and also involves providing Technical services and support internally.
The successful candidate will be heavily involved in delivering first class face to face customer service as well as services including installation, configuration, system administration and general support to our customer base. This role may also involve providing Technical services and support internally.
- Deliver effective technical support within a support environment internally and to our customer base.
- Manage the efficient delivery of technical support, adhering to customer service level agreements.
- Deliver effective system administration services within a pro-active support environment to our Managed Service customers, working to contracted service level agreements.
- Assist in the provision of tender responses to potential customers.
- Provide technical assistance in the areas of application development.
- To work towards consistently improving team and company standards in all areas of operations such as teamwork, communication, documentation, technical proficiency and professionalism.
- Deliver on-site installation, upgrade and technical consultancy services which may involve travel
- To seek to maintain technical awareness of supported technologies.
- Participate in Team meetings.
The suitable candidate will be:
- Qualified to Industry Standard Accreditation and/or Industry Standard Training in the relevant technology platforms and applications
- Prepared to work evenings and weekends when necessary
- Be part of a standby rota - typically one week per month
- Have experience of working in a support environment and to Service Level Agreements
- Experienced in providing technical support directly to customers, both on-site and telephone
- Experienced in working with the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Server Platform
- Server Build and Development
- Hold a UK Drivers Licence
Salary and Other Benefits
- Basic salary commensurate to skills and experience
- Membership of the Company group income protection and death in service benefit schemes, and Westfield Health benefits.
- You will have the option to join the company pension scheme.