Head of IT
Responsible to: Director
Responsible for: All staff within IT team
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
As a member of the saha Senior Management Team the Head of IT is responsible for developing and delivering an appropriate IT strategy for the Association that ensures a fit for purpose infrastructure with sound software products that support the business needs, adding value and continuously improving in line with new technologies. The role also plays a key role in working with Head of Transformation in the development and delivery of saha’s transformation and change activities.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Finance, Budget and Resources
Performance Management and reporting
Head of IT
KEY REQUIREMENTS: The tools to do the role
· Degree level education or professional qualification
· Evidence of commitment to continuous personal and professional development
· Programme and Project Management
· Comprehensive knowledge of existing and developing technologies, and how they can be applied to business.
· Good knowledge, experience and understanding of programme and project management and delivery.
· Good understanding and experience of digital IT security and governance requirements.
· Knowledge of employment law.
· Knowledge of the social housing sector
· Knowledge of supplier contract management
· Senior management experience of managing an IT service
· Communicating, negotiating and influencing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and partners
· Providing expert advice and reports to Board, committees and senior colleagues
· Demonstrable experience of leading an IT department
· Track record of identification and successful implementation of new technologies and systems
· Experience of successfully managing a large departmental budget
· Experience of working with a mix of static and cloud based service providers, as well as in house and outsourced managed services
· Experience of managing and developing complex strategies, projects and teams
· Ability to lead, motivate and develop staff to their full potential, acting as a role model
· Builds strong working relationships internally and externally
· Ability to recognise business opportunities and present a clear strategic vision of how technology can be applied to achieve success
· Strong leadership skills for IT and cross functional teams
· Ability to be a catalyst for change
· Possess good verbal and written communication skills
· Strong business and commercial acumen, which can be applied to complex inter-related issues across the Organisation.
· Ability to present technology in a clear and understandable way to any audience.
· Practical understanding of equal opportunities issues and commitment to valuing diversity
· Embraces innovation and welcomes robust challenge
· Takes a proactive, positive and performance focussed approach
· Thinks strategically, risk aware and able to resolve complex problems
· Committed to the values of saha and the mission of transforming lives