Competitive Salary and Benefits
Reporting to the Development Manager, the Development Team Leader acting as Scrum Master has responsibility for facilitating the scheduling and activity of the individuals, the technical design, development and third line support for a suite of solutions and their surrounding technologies.
The primary objective is to ensure that the modular team develops systems and processes whose quality is demonstrated by customer acceptance, conformance to specifications and ease of maintenance; this objective must be met within challenging deadlines in an efficient manner.
There are direct management responsibilities associated with this post as follows:
- To carry out performance agreements, reviews and 1-2-1 meetings in accordance with the company’s appraisal process with appropriate support and guidance.
- To create appropriate training and development plans for team members.
- To be familiar with all company policies and to ensure team members adhere to them.
- To ensure team members adhere to the company’s disciplinary policy and where necessary carry out appropriate disciplinary action.
- The Team Leader will act as the Scrum Master for the Team
- Fully participate in Scrum meetings and adhere to Orchard’s Development methodologies including: meetings, reviews, processes and standards.
- Technical analysis and design of software solutions
- Technical Lead of software development and maintenance
- Ensure software testing, including writing and executing manual and automated tests are carried out
- Ensure writing / updating of documentation
- Liaise with Orchard staff and customers as required to successfully complete assigned development tasks
- Demonstrate code enhancements and fixes to Orchard staff and customers
- Provide the Development Manager with timely and accurate information on: assigned tasks; issues arising and resolved; and metrics on actual progress versus planned work
- Proactively inform the Development Manager of any potential project risks, slippages or budget overruns
- Monitor team and individual performance and implement measures to improve product quality and team productivity.
- Being the lead contact for technical queries arising in relation to the relevant modular area.
- Allocation of resource to provide 3rd line application support.
- Being the contact point where issues assigned to the team require escalation.
- Work closely with the architects group on designing solutions and using best practices etc…
- Continual improvements to processes, procedures and standards used by Development Team
- Continual improvements to Orchard’s software products and solutions
- Consideration of changes to processes and systems related to product development to improve quality and productivity.
- Having technical design responsibility for the relevant modular area.
Salary and Other Benefits
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience
- Company pension scheme
- Permanent health insurance and life assurance
- Westfield Health Cash Plan Scheme
To apply for this role, please email email@example.com with a CV and covering letter which includes a portfolio of some of your more recent work.
The company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the company’s business