Job Title: Lead IT Systems Developer
Responsible to: Regional Head of IT
Responsible for: Systems Developer, Analyst Programmer, and Apprentice.
Maintaining Town & Country's high standards whilst leading the Development & Database Management Team, deputising for the Regional Head of IT, developing and maintaining systems and infrastructure, providing technical support to end-users & colleagues, and exploring emerging technologies and industry standards.
- To lead the Development and Database Management team, ensuring it is high performing by managing individual performance, developing the team and regularly reviewing the structure and service provision
- To provide technical leadership on a range of bespoke software and Business Systems’ projects which will include technical design, software creation, testing and implementation
- Manage the organisation’s data governance process, to ensure that high quality data is maintained throughout its complete lifecycle. Establishing processes to ensure important data assets are formally managed throughout the enterprise, and the data is accurate, safe and secure
- Work with the Regional Head of IT and the IT Project Management team to initiate and lead IT development and change that supports the Organisation’s strategies
- Deputise for the Regional Head of IT in their absence for technical matters
- Develop the ‘Data Hub’ (the central SQL Database) and associated systems in partnership with key stakeholders
- Develop and tailor Microsoft Business Solutions e.g. Dynamics 365 and other Microsoft programs and services, such as SharePoint, Office 365 and Azure to the needs of the Organisation
- Identify opportunities and implement technical solutions in order to rationalise and/or remove the Organisations legacy systems and Databases
- Lead by example consistently delivering high levels of customer service and best practice standards, with a positive and customer focused attitude
- Work closely with IT colleagues to ensure consistency and high standards are maintained across the department
- Work closely with suppliers, technology partners, colleagues, senior management and internal customers to resolve complex issues quickly and to a high standard
- Manage the IT change management procedure, ensuring appropriate communication and compliance throughout the organisation. Conduct regular audits to ensure that the process is being followed correctly and that meets the organisational needs.
- Participate in the production and maintenance of documentation, procedures and processes for system implementations
- Ensure that maintenance activities, procedures and processes are communicated effectively and consistently to business users, working with the IT Project Management team to ensure all communications are appropriate and timely
- Continuously improve working practices by utilising new technology
- Work with the IT Project Management team in the delivery of projects, using the agreed project management framework
- Manage multiple development activities, applying structured methodologies from initiation to completion and review
- Deliver small projects directly, following the agreed project management framework to ensure a consistent delivery approach
- Build relationships with users within the organisation to better understand their IT needs and provide solutions which support the strategic plan
- Proactively keep abreast of emerging technologies and innovative solutions, and their adoption in the housing sector, to ensure the Organisation has the ability to evolve its technical solutions appropriately.