Digital Systems & Development Officer
Responsible to: System Development Team Leader
Job Grade: Officer
To drive the development of Melin’s Housing, Maintenance, Finance and HR systems, maximising their uses to enhance services to staff and residents.
To support digital development and the drive for change across the organisation and identify areas for, and ensure that Melin staff have the knowledge to use the systems to their full potential.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To support the System Development Team Leader to drive forward the development of Melin’s Housing Management, Finance and HR systems;
- To continually review the effectiveness of the systems in place and assist the System Development Team Leader in making recommendations for their continued development to the Technology Manager and Director of Innovation & Culture;
- To support and advise on the delivery of the Digital Strategy and System Development Plan as required
- To explore and research new products, technologies and innovative ideas across the business in accordance with departmental needs and requirements;
- To project manage the implementation of new systems or modules as required by the System Development Team Leader;
- To support the development of Melin’s online services and communication channels that are user-friendly and relevant to resident needs;
- To consistently identify areas for, and support delivery of improvements in existing systems and processes;
- To support the drive for change within the organisation and make recommendations for innovative new digital solutions to support business need;
- To provide support and maintenance of operational applications and database code.
- To be responsible for running relevant workshops and training during the implementation of new digital solutions and systems and develop ongoing training plans as required;
- To work with departments across the business to actively gather business requirements and define appropriate processes and systems;
- Work in partnership with internal stakeholders across the business to ensure joined up service development and delivery;
- To liaise and maintain good working relationships with all relevant external agencies and partners.
- To provide second line support to core IT systems as required.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer care, safety, privacy, and equality by complying with all relevant policy and procedures, in particular those relating to:
- Health & Safety Legislation – to ensure that safe working practices and procedures are adopted at all times.
- GDPR legislation – to act in compliance with GDPR and data protection laws, ensuring adherence to GDPR standards. respecting confidentiality and privacy, and protecting data subjects’ rights.
- Equality & Diversity – supporting the principles and practice of equality of opportunity as set out in the Association’s Equality & Diversity Policy.
- To undertake any other relevant duties as determined by the Line Manager, Association or Chief Executive.