The role of the Client solutions Consultant is to develop deep customer relationships through the provision of technical advice, solution design, consultancy support and leading customer engagements from presales to solution delivery. Developing new business opportunities within the housing sector, this client facing role requires individuals with deep technology knowledge and strong commercial awareness, who can build trust-based relationships with senior level stakeholders and implement tailored data solutions within our client base. The presales consultant is employed as a technical expert with the task of working closely with the sales teams to ensure that our Illumar offer meets the customers’ requirements.
In addition to qualifying new business opportunities and achieving sales target’s the role also requires a robust approach towards the retention of existing business. The post holder will be required to work effectively with internal colleagues and associated partners to ensure we collectively deliver a high value service for our clients. The post holder will be required to develop bespoke commercial proposals and take the lead on service delivery and project management as and when required.
An inspiration to your colleagues, you are tenacious, driven and a highly motivated client solutions expert with a proven record of success. Hungry for success and with a committed motivation to getting things done, you always place the customer at the Centre of everything you do.
You will enjoy working with and through people. You will be friendly and have the drive to achieve results through a logical and systematic approach. You will be able to actively influence and motivate a variety of people in changing situations and will possess strong influencing skills in order to gain willing acceptance. You will be a skilled and effective communicator, influencer and presenter with demonstrable ability to build strong relationships through stakeholder engagement. You will be comfortable working independently with a high degree of ownership and personal accountability.
You will have the skills to build consensus between individuals and teams bringing them together to provide expertise to meet customer needs, with the ability to take a broad enterprise-wide view of client organisations to ensure solutions deliver business outcomes.
• Provide expertise in business analysis and solution design for presales to ensure customer requirements are identified, understood and evaluated.
• Working closely and collaboratively with customers to understand, capture, design and architect solutions that meet their needs.
• Will lead, deliver and take responsibility for developing the required change and transformation plan for the customer to support the successful implementation and on-going adoption of the identified solution.
• Ensure the effective delivery of projects resulting in a reference-able customer.
• Working closely with the sales and consultancy teams on customer proposals, business cases and pitches for new and additional business opportunities and acting as the technical expert.
• To strategically manage multiple accounts and take responsibility for account growth and retention of existing business.
• Work with the Product and Development teams to build propositions and proposals.
• Develop a deep understanding of our customers and the challenges they face, and design tailored data technology solutions that improve business performance.
• Craft service proposals and commercial models for new business opportunities that differentiate Illumar from its competitors.
• Share market insight and client feedback across the organisation and play an active role in the development of new products and services.
• Take budget responsibility for individual projects.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
• Experience of the UK social housing market technology landscape
• Strong and relevant relationship networks within the UK social housing market
• Excellent working knowledge and experience of Business Architecture and programme management.
• Employs a broad range of problem solving and improvement skills.
• Systems thinking, process mapping, process redesign and benefits management.
• Understands how to exploit technology to meet business needs.
• Consulting skills.
• Experience managing consulting project engagements.
• Previous experience working within a technical presales or client solutions position.
• Must be a subject matter expert with extensive software systems experience.
• An ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff in a way that is easy to understand.
• Previous experience working for a competitor in a similar position would be a strong advantage.
• Full driving licence.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence across a broad range of complex stakeholder relationships.
Illumar operate across the UK and travel to client locations will be required on a regular basis, potentially with overnight stays.
The job description reflects the position at the present time and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. There may be other duties and requirements to be carried out.