37 hours per week
What’s the role?
The overall purpose of the Property Services Manager role is to:
• Lead on the operational delivery of the property services work streams including repairs services and compliance activity, maximizing efficiency and value for money while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Support the Director of Property Services with the delivery of the department’s strategic objectives.
• Working with the Property Services leadership team on quality assurance, service improvement and process design.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Service Delivery and Development
- Identify and implement changes which will enhance services and/or deliver improvements in working practices with a focus on driving IT system and process efficiencies, delivering increased efficiency and value for money.
- Utilise effective process methodologies to further demonstrate and deliver service efficiencies that maximise resource and eliminate waste.
- Manage and deliver agreed work programmes.
- Manage and deliver effective workforce planning, ensuring maximum productivity.
- Contribute to the development of the Property Services Strategy.
- Support the development and management of your service teams, including the team’s professional standards, learning, development and performance and offering coaching and mentoring.
- Contribute to the recruitment, appointment and induction of colleagues.
- Manage and support colleagues in line with Valleys to Coast’s Policies and Procedures including absence management, performance management and disciplinary issues.
- Promote and support effective team working through good communication and regular team meetings.
- Identify individual and team learning and development needs and plan to meet these in conjunction with learning and development.
- Effectively manage all work streams to ensure service delivery consistently meets Valleys to Coast’s performance requirements whilst demonstrating value for money and complying with all regulatory and legislative responsibilities.
- Supporting the lettings process by ensuring voids management is focused on the optimum key to key time but not at the expense of the quality of repair and certification requirement.
- Develop benchmarking opportunities to ensure that costs and service is competitively maintained.
- Take responsibility for developing, monitoring and managing relevant delegated budgets in accordance with Financial Regulations and ensure the service demonstrates value for money.
- Proactively identify opportunities for cost reduction and greater efficiency/eliminating waste.
- Procure and deliver the contracted services in line with the procurement policy and process.
- Ensure costs are consistent with performance targets and proactively seek effective measurements to support these/engage colleagues.
- Ensure Health and Safety related activities including compliance with statutory obligations are robustly managed.
- Ensure all work is undertaken in accordance with H & S legislation e.g. the requirements of CDM, Asbestos Management, Fire and Lone Working.
- Ensure risk assessments are carried out as required and reviewed in line with internal processes.
Valleys to Coast reserve the right to close the job role earlier than the specified closing date if sufficient applications have been received. Therefore, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as reasonably practicable.
First stage interviews: Monday 14th December 2020
Final interviews: Thursday 17th December 2020