Who are Aareon?
In the UK, we have over 125 employees with offices in Coventry, Southampton and Swansea. The UK business is growing and going through an exciting period of transition to a true SaaS provider, and the UK Finance team needs to adapt and improve to meet the needs of the business and to become a dependable and enabling support function. This has resulted in a vacancy for an experienced Finance Assistant that relishes the challenges and opportunities of change, and can support the function in driving for a best practice methodology. This will present great opportunities for you to grow and progress your career alongside the growth and progression of the business. If you are searching for an opportunity where you can have a voice, add real value and help drive and deliver great service through the team and the wider business, using your knowledge and experience then we’d like to hear from you.
We are searching for an new team member for our growing Finance Department. This is a replacement role joining a team of 8 people in total. The role is based at our Kenilworth office, although clearly will initially be remote working.
- You will be responsible for supporting the full range of finance processing functions - specifically billing, but also accounts payable, bank reconciliation, and credit control as required.
- This role will grow as the business grows and the future shape of the role will adapt during that process.
- The role holder will already have gained significant experience of working in a fast paced finance processing function and will know what good looks like. This will enable the individual to help the team develop and improve and become the reliable and enabling support function that a true finance team should be.
Employment Type: Full Time
Expected salary: Up to £25K yr OTE
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
- Responsible for all billing, ensuring completeness and accuracy thereof
- Able to support all accounts payable and bank reconciliation activities
- Involvement in query resolution in support of the credit controller and deputise if required
- Loading of contract data on to SAP in support of new sales orders
- Submission of government returns
- Support of year end and month end processes
- Review, develop, and continually improve controls and procedures, and implement best practice where applicable
- Disciplined & structured approach to work, excellent attention to detail
- Able to work to tight deadlines without drop in quality
- Enthusiastic team player – role will require the individual to adapt to current needs and work demands
- Excellent problem solving skills, analytical thinking approach
- Part qualified AAT or equivalent an advantage
- Working knowledge of all key finance responsibilities outlined
- Min 3 years experience in a busy finance processing function
- Experience with SAP advantageous
- Strong MS skills, notably excel