We are searching for enthusiastic and forward thinking individuals to join our QL NG Team.
The QL NG Project is a dedicated team to build the next generation of our housing management system. It is being rebuilt from the ground up using the latest technology to deliver the leading web based solution for housing providers in the UK market. The project team consists of 21 members who are primarily based in Swansea, an additional team based in Slovakia and remote working contractors. The team is organised with the Project Lead, Software Developers, Test Analysts and Business Analysts.
We are seeking a talented designer to craft first class user interfaces for enterprise level applications. This is an exciting new role and we would like to individuals with an attention to detail and a passion for designing the best user experiences. You will work closely with stakeholders, communicating effectively to understand processes, user journeys and user needs in order to build designs to deliver attractive and effective software. You will have excellent experience in appropriate Adobe products and also prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma or Axure, You will be professional, friendly and customer focused.
Recruitment Pack Available as a Download
Salary: Dependent of Experience
Reports to: R&D Manager
-Pension (5% employer)
-Life Insurance x 4
-2 x Health Schemes
-25 days Holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
-Perkbox Employee Engagement Platform
-Enjoy Benefits Salary Sacrifice Schemes
-Flexible working environment
-EAP- Employee Assistance Programme
-Enhanced Paternity and Maternity
-Buy and Sell Holiday Scheme
- Be involved with all aspects of the design process for enterprise level applications, covering user interface and user experience.
- Work with stakeholders, the development team and wider business to implement designs used across software products.
- Work as part of a team to understand customer needs, follow business objectives and contribute to the product development.
- Run workshops with stakeholders in order to understand user journeys, processes and needs.
- Produce appropriate design materials including design concepts, rules, patterns, style guides, user journeys, wireframes and prototypes.
- Ensure you keep up to date with the latest UI and UX design patterns, best practises and trends in order to deliver fresh and relevant designs.
- Work with a multi-disciplined team using an Agile methodology in well-defined sprints. Attend daily scrum, sprint planning and retrospective meetings.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and customer satisfaction in all contacts with customers and colleagues.
Skills and Pre-requisites
- A degree in visual design or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Demonstrable experience designing user interfaces for enterprise level applications with a talent for crafting first class user experiences.
- Analytical with an excellent attention to detail and a passion for design and technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical people.
- Focused and can consistently produce work to a high standard.
- Knowledge/use of Azure DevOps.
- Knowledge/use of agile methodologies.
- Experience of working with remotely-located teams.
- Skilled in Adobe products including Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects and XD.
- Skilled in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Figma, Axure.
- Proficiency at designing intuitive graphical interfaces for desktop, tablet and mobile.
- A firm understanding of accessibility standards for software design.