We deliver Housing Management and Digital Solutions helping social housing providers transform their business processes, reduce costs and improve customer service. We are part of Aareon AG, the leading European provider of systems and consulting services for the property industry.
In the UK, we are over 120-employees with offices in Coventry, Southampton and Swansea. Due to UK growth, and investment from Aareon Group in our digital products and services, we have a vacancy in the Digital team for a Product Marketing Manager. We have an established and experienced team and there are great opportunities for you to progress your career. If you are searching for an opportunity where you can drive digital products and services revenue, add real value to our customers and help deliver great service then we’d like to hear from you.
We are searching for enthusiastic and forward thinking individuals to join our QL NG Project. This is a home based role since the recent Covid-19 pandemic has allowed us to offer effective home-working for our software development team.
The QL NG Project is a dedicated team to build the next generation of our housing management system. It is being rebuilt from the ground up using the latest technology to deliver the leading web based solution for housing providers in the UK market.
The project team consists of 21 members who are primarily based in Swansea, an additional team based in Slovakia and remote working contractors. The team is organised with the Project Lead, Software Developers, Test Analysts and Business Analysts.
We are seeking experienced full stack software developers who are fully proficient in C# and web development including Angular. Experience in .NET core is essential, along with Angular (6+) and TypeScript.
You will be familiar working in an Agile process together with other stakeholders to deliver high quality software according to our software development standards and procedures. As part of this role you will be expected to mentor other team members, give direction in feature teams and show initiative on the project.
Recruitment Pack Available as a Download
Salary: £42-£45K dependent on experience
Reports to: R& D Manger
- Responsible for designing and architecting parts of the system in accordance with the company’s standards and procedures.
- Develop and support the system in accordance with the company’s standards and procedures.
- Ensure the quality of software in accordance with the company’s standards and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders in the project.
- Ensure development deadlines are met in line with business requirements.
- Continuously maintain and improve your own technical and product knowledge whilst assisting in improving the team’s technical and product knowledge.
- To act as a lead of feature teams within the agile project with responsibilities to: lead the scrum ceremonies (stand-up, sprint review and retrospective); work with the product owner to understand project milestones and plan work from the backlog to meet them; conduct sprint planning exercises.
- Minimum 5 years experience in software development covering the skills required.
- The ability to plan, prioritise and manage workload, delivering results within sprint deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical people.
- To work with a multi-disciplined team including software developers, test analysts and business analysts.
- Focussed and can consistently produce high-quality work.
- Be able to lead an agile team, mentor and develop team members and use your initiative and experience to support project progress
- Excellent skills in the .Net framework, including .Net core, ASP.Net, Entity Framework and developing API’s based on REST principles.
- Experience of Application Lifecycle Management tools (such as Azure DevOps), or other applications to manage projects and requirements.
- Experience of configuring CI/CD pipelines and managing releases to distinct environments.
- Experience of writing SQL statements, including stored procedures, views and optimising performance.
- A good appreciation of web design principles for building SPA’s and being able to apply that knowledge to produce modern web.
- Experience of writing comprehensive unit tests.
- Experience of third party components – particularly DevExpress.
- Experience of working with remotely-located teams.
- Fully aware of securing modern web applications to reduce their vulnerability to exploits or hacking.
- Any experience of UX/UI design and producing quality wireframes.
- Any formal Scrum on Agile training. 6 Experience of authentication systems such as Identity Server.
- Experience of authentication systems such as Identity Server.