We provide software solutions to housing associations throughout the UK, leading with our own IP, Dynamics 365 for Housing, a fully integrated CRM, housing management, asset management and finance solution built on the Microsoft technology stack.
We are an independent, fast-growing company with multiple projects running through to the end of this year and a pipeline of work with new customers taking us into 2022. We combine professional project management with an agile approach to solution delivery, and we place a high value on our consultants’ ability to engage effectively with customers and respond intelligently to their needs.
Reporting to one of our project managers, you will play a significant role in ensuring successful delivery of solutions to our customers. You will be involved all the way through the project life cycle, and you are likely to be the main point of contact for the customer.
What you will be responsible for
- Pre-project activities – working with customers to help define project scope, phasing and timelines.
- Facilitating requirements workshops and design sessions, documenting outputs and helping to achieve stakeholder buy-in.
- Identifying and encouraging best practice.
- Defining system interfaces, working with partners and software providers to ensure seamless integration.
- Build-stage activities – system configuration, data cleansing and data migration, user testing.
- Developing training videos and running training sessions.
- Managing post go-live support; helping customers transition smoothly to BAU.
What we are looking for
- Broad knowledge of housing management and asset management processes and systems.
- An engaging personality, with very strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good organisation skills and an ability to multi-task.
- A patient, facilitative approach to working with customers’ in-house teams.
- Flexibility, with the confidence to prioritise your work to meet competing customer demands.
- Some experience of working with Microsoft CRM / Dynamics – will be an advantage but is not essential.
This is not a routine, office-based, 9-5 role. You will mostly be working from home, although sometimes – for example, when running a workshop – you will need to go on site. As a result, you will be spending a lot of time on Teams, in meetings with customers, sharing ideas and information with colleagues, and ensuring stakeholders are kept informed.
What we offer
- A competitive salary commensurate with your skills and experience, a performance-related bonus, pension, flexible healthcare benefits, flexible holiday entitlement
- Esuasive team learning days and social events.
- Challenge, variety, and a flat structure in which progression is linked to personal contribution and achievement.