Senior Infrastructure Engineer
My client is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join the Infrastructure Architecture Team. You will administer the day to day operations of IT infrastructure operations and services. Work with the Architecture, Service Delivery and Service Desk Teams, and the wider Technology Department to effectively support and administer the full lifecycle of IT infrastructure operations, services, projects, and initiatives.
- Take proactive ownership of IT infrastructure operations, support and projects related activities
- Monitor and manage infrastructure-related tickets on ServiceNow and technical escalations.
- Undertake administration of backend infrastructure systems – Veeam backup, Citrix, Active Directory, VMware virtual infrastructure, servers, storage, networks.
- Liaise with third parties and vendors.
- Create and review change requests to support project delivery and operational change
- Contribute to IT infrastructure related security, maintenance, performance, capacity and lifecycle management.
- Contribute to reports on network infrastructure operations, services and major incidents
- Monitor and administer network monitoring and reporting systems
- Deliver training and skills transfer to team colleagues as appropriate
- Contribute to effective security and governance of the network infrastructure
- Ensure effective backup, resilience and DR arrangements are maintained for network infrastructure
- Contribute to creation and maintenance of design, end-user and operations documentation sets