** Home based with some travel **
The Housing Bespoke Consultancy team play a major role in the implementation of the Northgate Housing system at new customer sites. They work with both NPS & customer technical staff to develop & implement interfaces, APIs etc. The team work closely with product consultants, project managers, account managers, the Housing Implementation Support team, technical consultants and others. Much of the work involves use of SQL and PLSQL
Working within a team to support existing systems and to develop new systems as required. Team members also get involved in responding to tenders as part of the wider Housing business area.
Although the role is home based there will be a requirement to spend time on customer site as per business requirements. Travel to work on projects overseas for short periods may also be required.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop and support Oracle PL/SQL procedures, Web services, file based interfaces and reports to defined specifications
- Requirements gathering and analysis
- Function and technical design of system changes when required
- Development of systems to specification using structured techniques
- System and integration testing
- Source control and release process documentation
- Support and maintenance of systems in live operation
- Bring development projects through the complete lifecycle from requirements gathering, specification write-up, through to supporting user-acceptance testing and rollout
- Support other team members with their project and enhancement commitments
- Experienced working in Unix environment shell scripting
- Experienced with SQLplus
- Significant PL/SQL development experience
- Ability to convert business requirements into detailed functional and technical specifications
- Experience producing clear documentation
- Knowledge and experience of relational database design
- Strong interpersonal skills – must have the ability to effectively communicate with management, users and other IT staff.
- Apex & Java expertise
- Knowledge of at least one Northgate Housing module
- Worked on projects or change requests from start to finish with minimum supervision on requirement gathering from internal and external users, investigating and analysing collected data & transforming user requirements to appropriate IT solution
- Able to work alone while supporting other team members and being a team player
- Willingness to travel in the UK and overseas
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
- Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days (during enrollment window)
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
- A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
- The role offers a competitive salary.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.