Experienced Interim Rents & Service Charge Accountant/Manager required for a 3-month contract (with a potential extension) on a WFH basis. Paying up to c£50K equivalent for either FTC or daily rate contract. Housing sector experience is essential.
Managing a small team, you will lead on Rent and Service charges for the group. Keeping up-to-date with changes in regulations and guidance, setting and overseeing the annual budget-setting process and the issuing of rent and service charge notices to customers. Setting and overseeing the monthly close down processes for rent and service charge accounting.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Lead and performance manage the rent and service charge function
- Manage the preparation of the Group’s rent and service charge income and expenditure budgets
- Manage the rent and service charge setting annually for all new lettings and tenures
- Ensure rent and service charge review notices are appropriately served on all the Group’s tenants and leaseholders
- Liaise with external stakeholders to ensure all costs are correctly identified and income maximised by the recovery of all service chargeable expenditure
- Create service charge budgets for new developments
- You will have extensive experience of working in a rent and service charge environment. You must have an in-depth understanding of service charge legislation
- You will be numerate and analytical to be able to prepare and interpret statistical financial information accurately and a high user level of Excel is essential
- Attention to detail and excellent planning and organisational skills, with the ability to meet internal and statutory deadlines, and available to start at short notice, if not immediately