Candidates sought to work within the Technical Services team. The successful applicant will be required to implement the Northgate Housing and Revenues and Benefits applications as well as many Central Government products. They will need a knowledge of Oracle databases ( 12c/18c/19c ) , Windows 2012, 2016 and Unix ( Solaris, Linux, AIX, ) operating systems. Occasional travel around the UK will be required.
Core hours for the team are 09:00- 17:30 (Monday to Friday). Additionally, some weekend work will be required depending on customer requirement.
The position can be based in the NPS Bracknell office or home based..
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Oracle Database Administration skills
- Knowledge of both UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Must have previous experience of working in a remote DBA organisation.
- Apache Tomcat
- Apache webserver
- Knowledge linux/windows and solaris
- Part of the job will include writing/updating installation instructions for customers.
- An extremely high standard of English grammar is required.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Ability to problem solve in a customer focused manner.
Desired Knowledge and Experience
- Sound knowledge of both UNIX and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of Oracle Application Express.
- Knowledge of Cloud computing and concepts
- Experience of delivering/designing SAAS solutions.
- Experience of automation tools (Ansible/Chef etc)
- Prior knowledge of Northgate Local Government products.
- Security Clearance / CRB Clearance
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
- Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
- 25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
- 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
- A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
- A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
- The role offers a competitive salary.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.