We are recruiting for an Assistant Management Accountant for this well-established social housing organisation based in Manchester. Reporting to the Development Management Accountant, you will provide support in budget monitoring, budget setting, and production of the management accounts. Benefits include flexible working, a pension scheme and study support.
Working as part of an established finance team, you will be assisting in the development, appraisal, and implementation of new business initiatives, systems, and processes to ensure an effective and robust financial control environment.
- Support the ongoing development and improvement of financial monitoring and reporting arrangements
- Support management accountants and budget managers through the provision of financial support and information on budget monitoring, costings, process developments, and systems reporting
- Work under your initiative to provide reasoned, objective, and robust financial advice to enable effective decision making
- Retrieve and analyse data from SAP and preparing detailed spreadsheet-based reports
- Assist in the preparation of the management and final accounts, ensuring prompt and accurate production of information feeding in the final accounts process
- You will be AAT Qualified (or equivalent) and will be either aspiring to or working towards gaining either the CCAB/CIMA Qualification
- You will be a natural communicator and work collaboratively as part of the wider management accounting/finance team, able to prioritise workloads and work effectively and efficiently to achieve tight deadlines
- Ideally, you will have worked previously within either a Not for Profit or Social Housing environment, but this is by no means essential
- You will have advanced working knowledge of Excel and experience of working with complex financial systems