Due to UK growth, we have a new vacancy in our Southampton digital products development team. We have an established and experienced team and there are great opportunities for you to progress your career. If you are searching for an opportunity where you can have a voice, add real value and help drive and deliver great service then we’d like to hear from you.
We are searching for an additional team member for our Digital development team.
Primarily your role will be to develop back end modules for our workflow engine using .Net Core in order to improve our connectivity with solutions created by our sister companies across Europe.
However, we have a wide technology stack and are a small team so you will be expected to pick up and excel in other technologies. For example, this may include website development using Angular or App development for Windows, Android or iOs.
You will be working in an Agile environment and will be expected to write unit tests. We always try to use the latest technologies so you must be willing to keep up to date and ideally will be somebody who can contribute to the conversations on our future technological direction.
- Assist with designing the system in accordance with the company’s standards and procedures.
- Develop and support the system in accordance with the company’s standards and procedures.
- Ensure the quality of software in accordance with the company’s standards and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with customers and all areas of the business.
- Ensure development deadlines are met in line with business requirements.
- Continuously maintain and improve your own technical and product knowledge.
Skills & Pre-requisites
- Experience developing software using the languages and frameworks required for this role.
- The ability to plan, prioritise and manage workload, delivering results within deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with technical and non technical people.
- An ability to quickly pick up and work with unfamiliar technologies.
- Focused and can consistently produce high quality work.
- Excellent skills in C# and .Net Core.
- Experience of source control, issue tracking and continuous integrations tools (We use Git, YouTrack and TeamCity).
- Experience of TDD development.
- Experience with SQL Server , with a focus on stored procedures.
- Experience of Android or iOS app development.
- Knowledge of SOA and Api calls using SOAP or REST
- Experience with securing modern applications in accordance with OWASP guidelines.