Our client, a forward thinking and award winning organisation based in Manchester, is currently recruiting for a ICT Product Owner on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
Hours of work: 36.25, open to flexible working
- 31 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Ability to accrue 6 days additional flexi leave
- Pension - 4% individual, 8% company contribution
- Cash back Healthcare plan
- Free Gym and Swim at selected leisure Group
- Excellent training and development opportunities
The organisation is in the early stages of an exciting two year programme of digital transformation, encompassing projects including:
- Multiple website projects
- Digital online service for customers
- Infrastructure & security projects
- Electronic document & records management
- Strategic review of housing management system
- Phase 2 of a Dynamics 365 implementation in the Sales team
- Phase 2 of the implementation of a Multi-channel Contact Centre system
- Migration to a new Finance / ERP system
- A number of in-house built applications & integrations
To lead the delivery of this change, they are looking recruit a Product Owner to join their ICT Change Team. The team works on a mixture of 3rd party applications, software development and infrastructure projects and take on a number of roles depending on the project (e.g. Project Manager, Delivery Manager, Product Owner, Systems/Solutions Analyst, Business Analyst, Tester).
This role will specialise in projects around the development of in-house built applications, solution design work and systems integration projects. However, the aim is that each member of the team will specialise in certain technology areas and/or project roles but that we also take on projects outside of our comfort zones so you will also have the opportunity to manage infrastructure and 3rd party applications projects.
The successful candidate:
- Ability to manage a portfolio of projects concurrently.
- Experience delivering software development and/or systems integration projects.
- Has demonstrable experience of managing projects and delivering business benefit, demonstrating initiative and commerciality in achieving results.
- Confronts and works through tough issues, demonstrating perseverance and a sense of urgency, and leveraging understanding of key business drivers
- Able to manage a portfolio of projects concurrently. Flexible and willing to multi-task, with the ability to deal with a range of issues and conflicting demands and work to deadlines.
- Comfortable working with both agile and waterfall project management methodologies.
- Technically minded but can deliver systems that create business and / or customer value.
- Solutions focused – can breakdown technical barriers to solve problems and find creative solutions to functional requirements.
- Quickly analyses complex problems, sees connections / trends, and works against the right priorities.
- Able to act as a translator between technical professionals and end users to make sure that user requirements, business context/benefits and technical barriers are understood by all stakeholders.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, with an ability to put complex concepts and arguments across clearly in a variety of formats.
- Able to build and maintain strong on-going relationships across a cross-functional project team.
They may have:
- Experience working in a business analysis or product owner role.
- Experience using project management tools such as Azure Devops and Trello.
- Experience appraising systems options, designing solutions and running procurement
- Ability to read, understand and translate technical documentation such as API documentation.
- Microsoft Stack experience with one or more of SharePoint (especially for document management), Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform would be advantageous.
For further information on the position, please email enquiries to email@example.com
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
Don’t forget our recommendation scheme: Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £50 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details