Superb Part Qualified Assistant Account opportunity had just gone to market for the forward-thinking and innovative Social Housing organisation. Paying £30-32K with excellent benefits that include a 35H week, flexible working, Hybrid 80/20 WFH and amazing offices to work when in.
The Assistant Financial Services Accountant's core role is to support the Income Manager and work alongside the Service Charge Accountant to ensure that the rents and service charges are aligned.
- Develop, plan and implement annual rental change processes for all rented stock
- Develop, review and implement effective systems to monitor affordable rent conversions and ensure they are being applied in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Work with the Service Charge Accountant to support the Business Partnering Team in the preparation of the annual budget by providing accurate and timely rental and service charge income estimates
- Provide accurate and timely information to the Business Partnering Team regarding rental and service charge income to support the production of the monthly management accounts
- Provide technical advice and support to the Income Team Leader to ensure fair rents and ensure the correct rates of VAT are applied to sales/debtor income
- Provide accurate and timely information to the Treasury & Expenditure Manager for the Regulatory Returns
- Balance sheet reconciliations, monthly reconciliation of rental income, and ensure all intercompany group transactions balance
- Contribute to the annual audit of the statutory accounts with rental information
- Supervision of a Finance Officer
- You will be either a Part Qualified Accountant or have extensive experience within Finance related to Rental Income / Service Charge Accounting. You will be able to work autonomously and interact and communicate well as part of a strong team with real social purpose and values
- You must have a working knowledge of Excel and finance systems, with the ability to analyse and process large volumes of data and deliver effective information to a variety of audiences across the business