This housing organisation based in Manchester are recruiting for a Commercial & Leasehold Property Officer, to join their team and on a temporary short-term basis. This role is fully remote working, based at home.
The jobs main purpose will be to provide a high quality service to the Group’s leasehold and commercial customers, ensuring they are managed in accordance with the terms of their leases, legislation, regulation and best practice. To ensure residents receive a customer focussed, responsive and value for money service and to ensure that the business maximises income from the effective management of customers and their lease obligations.
- To deliver an excellent, seamless customer service throughout sales, lettings and management
- To consult with homeowners on all aspects of service delivery including section 20 major works.
- To assist in the effective marketing, letting & management processes of new schemes.
- To assist in the design and preparation of service charge and sinking fund estimates.
- Work in partnership with asset and repair team colleagues and external contractors to ensure repair and defect performance matches service standards and customer expectations.
- To ensure estimated and accurate actual invoices are produced for leaseholders, monitor accounts and liaise with internal teams and mortgage companies.
- To act as the focal point for leaseholder enquiries, providing advice on any leasehold issues including leasehold statutes, management agreements, policies and procedures; and dealing appropriately with management, service level and scheme enquiries, and neighbour or scheme complaints.
- To review scheme performance data on a weekly basis highlighting any changes and work in partnership with external sales, letting and management agents to ensure performance requirements are met.
- Collate information, advice and guidance documentation and manage CRM & management database systems.
- To manage onward sales freehold enfranchisements, and stair casing processes with any document transfer requirements and ensure that any lease amendments are carried out.
This is an all-round role requiring experience of managing aspects of the sales, marketing, letting and management for shared ownership, market rent, commercial and leasehold tenures. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively manage leaseholders and commercial customers in a landlord or agents function. Up to date knowledge of tenancy, and leasehold and relevant housing legislation is essential. Experience of working with variable service charges, re-sales, stair casing and right to buy processes is also required. This role will require some flexibility and may involve evenings and Saturday working.